Friday, February 20, 2009

Spicy Tomato Penne



I did these for my lunch yesterday. Yes, yesterday and I only posted today. The penne were the wholemeal kinds and I think they tasted much chewier than the usual ones.

Got myself a small can of Tomato paste, some celery, tomatoes and here it goes!
I boiled these beautiful pasta in a pot of chicken stock, diced the celery, onions and tomatoes, found some chilli padi in the fridge and wheeee, I thought a spicy version sounds good.

So here it's done-

  1. Add some olive oil in a sauce pan. Stir in the diced onions and stir a little.

  2. Pour in the celery and cooked them in the heat (Celery are very crunchy vegetables so I cooked them first before adding in the diced tomatoes). Add in the diced tomatoes shortly.

  3. Grab some ham/bacon (cut them into small slices in advance) and mix them in.

  4. Scoop the cooked penne and stir thoroughly into the mixture.

  5. Take some Tomato paste and mixed them evenly into the cooked ingredients. Add in a little chicken stock left behind from the boiled Penne.

  6. Season with some salt, sugar and chili padi.

  7. Garnish with some sliced egg and cheese. Ready to serve!



Ah, you caught me spoiling the slice egg!

I made 2 portions - One for Esther and the other for me. Esther said it was good maybe she was just being kind? There were some leftovers and Prince Charming ate them all up. He said it was delicious and maybe I could cooked some for him to bring to the office for his colleagues. A little too late by then but I'll do it some other day :)

On a side note, I did 鳳梨蝦球 for Prince Charming as dinner just now. I am not trying to say that I'm good with cooking but they were really awesome. Credit goes to the fresh big prawns I got from NTUC. I believe when you use really fresh ingredients, you don't need much seasoning cause they will taste as perfect it is. Of course, I wanted to snap some pictures but by the time I did them up, it was all gone! I'm going to do them again very soon and by then will post up the pictures and the as simple as A-B-C recipe.

5 comments:

Aimei said...

Hey Mrs Kwok!

Haha don't be shy lah, I think your cooking's really getting better and better! Wanna learn from you! hee...

Inkdot said...

yeah it was good! i'm quite fussy with food so if it's not good i will eat only 1 or 2 mouths and that's it! but i'm a small eater so maybe you can prepare half of the potion hehe... feel paiseh when i can't finish it >.<

Anonymous said...

Your cooking is good. You bake cookie and cup cake, why don't you bake fruit crumble? I wish to learn from you (:

Happy Mrs Kwok said...

Hello Aimei,

No lah, I'm still learning :)
There's so much to learn in the kitchen! I want to learn baking from you!


Inkdot (Esther),
Next time I'll just give you a baby portion cause you are such a small eater! >.<


Girl,

Thanks! I'm still learning though!
Fruit crumble? Maybe I'll try that out. Do you have the recipe?

Cheyenne said...

Hihi

Ur Spicy tomato penne looks good!:) looking forward to ur posting yr pineapple prawns balls... Think the combination sld be good...