Thursday, December 06, 2007

Wholemeal Raisin Bun



Makes 12 buns

IngredientsAmounts
Bread flour320g
Wholemeal flour50g
Salt2 Tsp
Instant dry yeast2 1/2 Tsp
Butter25g
Milk80g
Egg35g
Honey45g

Additional:

  • Raisins
  • Egg Wash
  1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add in egg, honey and milk and mix the combination on low speed.

  2. When a dough is formed, add in the butter and continue to hook at medium speed.

  3. Place the ready dough into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow a proofing of 60 mins.

  4. When proofed, punched out the air and allow the dough to rest for another 10 mins.

  5. Cut the dough into 6 small portions and flatten each indivdual dough.

  6. Roll the dough like a oval shape. Apply the raisins and coat a layer of egg wash. Roll the dough up like a swiss roll.

  7. Cut the roll into 2 and place it into a chiffon pan. Proceed to do the same for the rest of the dough.

  8. Coat the whole bread dough with another layer of egg wash and allow the 2nd proofing of 45 mins.

  9. Bring to bake at 190 degree Celsius for 30 mins.







I must confess that this was in fact a "testing" product. I was merely trying out my new wholemeal flour and thought of trying to do one wholemeal bread by myself.

All in my mind was to bake a raisin related bread because of the tonnes of raisins that I've stocked up recently. I couldn't figure out what's wrong with me that I did not take the initiative to refer any recipes from fellow baking bloggers or my recipe collections. I think I must be real sick. By the way, I'm on sick leave today and was getting bored at home, so I think the best way to keep me clear of everything is to start with my baking obsession

The ingredients above were merely based on "agaration". Like I mentioned, I did not have any reference thus, I just added in the ingredients by my 6th sense. LOL!

Anyway, I was relieved that the whole bread tasted nice. The outer layer was crispy and the inner was fluffy and soft :) It's a miracle I can say.

No comments: