Sunday, December 02, 2007

Plain Puffs



Makes 15 Puffs

IngredientsAmounts
Butter150g
Water150g
Cake flour150g
Baking powder12g
Egg230g ( 4 eggs)
  1. In a small pot, bring butter and water to cook on low heat.

  2. When the mixture starts to boil, sift in the flour and baking powder. Stir the mixture to make sure that the dry ingredients are well blended with the liquid mixture.

  3. Remove the pot from the heat and add in the eggs slowly. Blend the batter fully.

  4. Scoop the batter into a pastry bag. Squeeze the batter in spiral shape onto a grease-proof paper.

  5. Bring to bake at 180 degree Celsius for 25 ~ 30 mins or when puff is golden brown.







Baked these plain puffs for our snack today. The puffs should be filled with custard cream but I omitted that because we have been stuffing ourselves with too much sugar recently. It's time to reduce our sugar intake. I seriously need to start my crunches session again. It's like I've been eating too much ever since I started my baking obsessions.

As usual, the occasionally Fussy-eater, my Royal Prince Charming nagged at me for not giving him any Custard cream. He was yearning for something sweet and begged me to make some fillings. Well, the kitchen is already sparking after I cleaned it up and so, I won't tired myself out to dirty it again. However, not to disappoint my Prince Charming, I topped his puffs with some icing sugar. He had no choice but to ate that. Anyway, he find it quite tasty with the icing sugars.

This recipe came from the book "新手成功烘培DIY" which my mother-in-law bought for me in Taiwan. By the way, my mother-in-law is a taiwanese so most of the time, the things she bought for me are all from Taiwan.

No comments: