Saturday, December 01, 2007

Sausage Rib Bread



Makes 1 loaf

IngredientsAmounts
Bread Flour200g
Cake Flour40g
Sugar35g
Salt¼ Tsp
Instant dry yeast2g
Cold Water70g
Mashed Potatoes30g
Butter15g

Fillings: Jumbo Chicken Sausage from Carrefour
Brushing: Beaten egg and Ketchup

  1. Combine the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, potatoes and water in a bowl. With the help of a mixer, hook the mixture on low speed. When a dough is formed, turbo the speed to Medium and continue hooking till dough is smooth and shiny.

  2. Add in the butter and adjust the speed to slow. When butter is combined with the dough, turn it back to Medium speed once again. You should get a smooth dough.

  3. Allow the dough to proof for 80 mins.

  4. Once proofed, punch out the air within the dough and let rest for another 10 mins.

  5. Cut the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll the individual portion into an oval shape. Place the hotdog on top of the dough and start to roll the dough up. The hotdog should be covered by the dough.

  6. Cut the wrapped dough into small slice and twist to form the rib-like shape. Allow another proofing of 25 mins.

  7. Once ready, brush the top with some beaten egg and ketchup. This will add shine and an additional flavour to the ready result.

  8. Bring to bake at 180 degree Celsius for 18 mins.








These Sausage Rib breads were supper for my Royal Prince Charming. He was yearning for supper at 10+pm and I got that sixth intuition that he's gonna cook a bowl of Instant noodles. I don't like the idea that he is taking MSG product at such hour, because firstly, MSG is no good for health and the salt content is far too high. Secondly, Prince charming always love to add in many "side ingredients" into his noodles. For example, he can add up to 4-5 items for his noodles and they can range from Luncheon meat to Dice chicken and he's complaining that he is putting on too much weight.

Anyway, I was planning to bake some bread for breakfast tomorrow so it became a killing 2 birds with one stone plan. I get breakfast done and a healthier supper for my Prince Charming.
Flipped through my recipe book and found this. It's so far the shortest time required recipe that I've come across. I need to get the bread done before my Prince Charming comes nagging at me again. Nag for food as usual. LOL.

By the way, I did some really really big mistakes. I think I'm just too tired. The recipe actually required an egg yolk for the dough but I forgotten to add it, also it was supposed to proof for 80 mins but I forgotten all about it when my timer alerts me when it's 60 mins. Thus, the dough was only proofed for 60 + 25 mins instead of the 80 + 25 mins. What's going on! I think I can't really do too many things at the same period of time.

I was helping out my Prince charming with our newly bought Christmas tree. Next, I was hanging the clothes, and next I was washing up the dishes and next I was vacuuming the floor and next I was cleaning the kitchen and next I proofed my dough for only 60 mins!!! What's going on! I guess, I can't really multi-task. Tsk tsk.

No comments: