Monday, December 31, 2007

Sweet Pear Tart



Makes 2 (9cm Mini Tart Pastry)

IngredientsAmounts
Bread Flour 260g
Butter (Soften) 160g
Icing Sugar 20g
Water 50g
Salt2g

Caramel Pear Filling

IngredientsAmounts
Pear
1 Big one
Sugar
1 Cup
Water
3 Tbsp

Pie Pastry :
  1. Combine all the ingredients for the pie pastry together.

  2. Blend into a smooth and buttery mixture and ensure that all ingredients are combined nicely.

  3. Bring to chill for at least 1 hr.

Caramel Pear filling:

  1. Slice the pear up into small pieces.

  2. Place the sliced pears into a pan, add in sugar and water. Blend well.

  3. On medium heat, simmer the mixture till pear is soften.

  4. When mixture starts boiling, lower the heat to small and allow the pear to cook further so that it will be very soft.

  5. Leave to cool.
* As pear contains an amount of fluid, there will be more liquid when cooking. Thus, you may need to scoop up the excess liquid.*


Sweet Pear Tart:

  1. Roll out the chilled pastry dough.

  2. Flatten into a thin round shape. Ensure that the dough shape is bigger than your pie pan.

  3. Place the pastry over the pie pan and cut out the excess dough.

  4. Poke holes onto the bottom of the pie pastry using fork.

  5. Add the caramelized pear filling into the pie pastry.

  6. Cover the pie with another rolled pie pastry.

  7. Bring to bake at 180 degree Celsius for 45 mins.







The pears were another complimentary "gift" from my Mother in law. They were with us for quite sometime and both me and my Royal Prince Charming hardly got the time to cut them up and swallow them down our stomach. Well, lazy bug is working up on us as usual.

Anyway, I realised that the pears were turning soft, a sign that tell me to act before they starts rotting in my fridge. Was thinking of doing a fruit salad but my Royal Prince Charming doesn't like plain yogurt because he finds that they are too sour for his liking. Thus, I decided to made them into tarts. Noticed that the shape of my pear tart looks kind of weird? That's because I did not roll the pastry big enough to cover the pan thus, I had to wrap them up instead ;)

The caramelized pear filling was done by intuition and it was miracle that it's my type of tea. I like it sweet without the taste of any spice. The tart was crispy even after it became cold. My Royal Prince Charming like the tart and asked if I could make them for our Picnic session on Monday. That's a sure do :)

No comments: