Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tomato Meat Sauce Lasagna




Serves 1

IngredientsAmounts
Minced pork200g
Tomato purees1/2 can
Chicken stock4 tbsp
Diced onions1/2 of a medium one
Dried Lasagna sheets3-4
Olive oil1 1/2 tbsp
Salt1 1/2 tsp
Sugar2 tbsp
Mushrooms (sliced)7-10
Cheese-

  1. In a saucepan, heat up the oil. When the oil gets hot, stir in the diced onions. Sauté the onions for about 1 min.

  2. Add in the minced pork and stir well. Make sure that the minced pork are not crumpled together.

  3. Add in the sliced mushrooms and stir well. You may stir in the chicken stock at this time. Simmer for a while.

  4. Pour in the tomato purees and blend well. Simmer for 3 mins.

  5. Add in sugar and salt for seasoning. Simmer for another 3 mins.

  6. Break the lasgana sheets into smaller pieces if you have a small baking bowl like me.

  7. Next, add a little amount of the meat sauce at the botoom of the bowl and top it with the lasagna sheets. Alternate the steps and end it off with the meat sauce.

  8. Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese (I used pizza cheese)over the meat sauce and bring to bake at 180 degree Celsius for 12~15 mins.




I did this lasagna last night for Prince Charming. As usual, I ran out of ideas of what to have for dinner. I need to get one that's fast, easy and suits my Prince Charming's royal taste buds. I went Carrefour for grocery shopping few days ago and bought a box of dried lasagna sheets on impulse. I thought of doing it probably some other days over the weekend and since my brain cells are lazy to think at that moment ,it came in rather handy.

The whole process took less than 40 mins. It's fast to me but slow to my mum :( My mummy also nagged at me for taking such a long time to prepare a meal. Well well well, like the saying goes : 薑是老的辣 (Old ginger tastes spicier ) Read: The experts are always the experts.

Nevertheless, I'm trying my best to fasten my pace in cooking and improving my culinary skills.
My Prince Charming told me in advance that he doesn't want his tomato meat sauce to taste sourish and he wants it sweet, so I added in sugar. You can omit that if you do not want something on the sweeter side. I tasted the meat sauce and thought it really matches well with spaghetti. I guessed I can use this meat sauce for my spaghetti in future.

One sad note is that the lasagna sheets wasn't very soft even when soaked in a pot of warm water. After baking, they were chew-able but not soft, just not that kind that I like, though my Prince Charming wasn't fussy at all. He said it was okay but if it's softer then it'll be perfect! I googled and now learnt that fresh lasagna sheets are more recommended. Anyway, since Prince Charming enjoyed his overly cheeseees lasagna, I'm more happy than anyone ;)

Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! i enjoy reading your blog! and ur cooking always looks so nice and homely :) i like my tomato meat sauce to be sweet too!

can u please tell me the song playing on ur blog? ^_^

thank u! have a nice day

Happy Mrs Kwok said...

Hi Anoymous,

Thanks for your compliments! I'm gald you like reading my blog.
It so nice to learnt that you also like sweet tomato meat sauce. Heh!

Oh by the way, the song on my blog is 方大同's Love Song. Hope this helps!