Monday, March 17, 2008

泰式涼拌海鮮冬粉 Thai Style Seafood Vermicelli



One Person's serving

IngredientsAmounts
Rice Vermicelli
(冬粉)
2 bunches
Chopped red onionsHalf of a small one
Chopped Chilli Padi2
Chopped Ginger1/2 of small one
Thai fish sauce
(魚露)
4 tbsp
Fine sugar2 1/2 tbsp
Lemon juice1 tbsp
Fresh Prawns4
Fresh squid1/2

  1. Wash the prawns and squid carefully. Cut the squid into small slices and set aside.

  2. Boil a pot of water and bring the rice vermicelli to cook. Drain well.

  3. Combine ginger, chilli, red onions, fish sauce, sugar and lemon juice together. If you find that the dressing is too salty, you may add in 1/2 - 1 tbsp of hot water. Alternatively, you may add in some honey if you much prefer a sweeter dressing but would love to have a healthier choice.

  4. Boil another pot of water with some oil and salt added to it. Bring the seafood to cook and when ready, drain well.

  5. Place the ready rice vermicelli onto a plate and topped with seafood. Pour the dressing over the rice vermicelli and ready to be serve.




My Prince Charming and me both have a liking towards Thai cuisine. I especially love the seafood pad thai! It's just so delicious~! Prince Charming on the other hand, love the Green curry best. He just love his green curry with Maggie mee. LOL. He had that almost everyday during our trip in Bangkok last November.

There's this Thai restaurant in Compass point that serve nice Thai dishes and I always longed to have my pad thai whenever I walked past them. Actually, I wanted to try out with the Pad Thai but I think I need more time since my Prince Charming would prefer to have his dinner before 8pm, so I switched to doing a Thai Style Seafood Vermicelli.

The dressing is similar to the one I learnt from Sunrice but I seem to have lost the recipe and couldn't follow exactly :( I just did on how much I remembered. Luckily, it was still okay, though I think the one I learnt will be much much better. This dish takes very short time and it is well recommend for those who would like to have a quick and light dinner :)

1 comment:

Nong Bangkok Hotels said...

Your blog is very good .Thank you so much...