Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Mini Pandan Chiffon Cake



Makes 8" inch Chiffon cake
Or 12 Mini chiffon cakes

Plain flour75g
Baking powder1 tsp
Egg yolks4
Eggwhites5
Sugar100g
Oil1 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence1tsp
Pandan essence1/2 tsp
Cream of tar tar1/2 tsp
Salt1 pinch

  1. Cream egg yolks, 70 gm of sugar until it is creamy and thick.


  2. Add in sifted flour and baking powder, vanilla essence, coconut cream/milk, corn oil, pandan paste into the egg yolk mixture. Use machine to mix it well.


  3. In another bowl, beat egg whites, the rest of the 30g, cream of tartar and a pinch of salt until stiff.


  4. Mix the eggwhite into the flour mixture and mix it thoroughly using a spatula. Pour into the chiffon pan and bake in a preheated oven at 175C for 45 mins. (My oven doesn't have 175 degree Celsus.


  5. When cake is ready, invert it immediately to cool down for about 10 mins. After 10 mins, use a sharp knife to loosen the side and then the bottom to release the cake.





I baked these mini pandan chiffon cakes for my Prince Charming's colleagues. This recipe is adopted from Lee Lee.

Btw, I really heart these 2 mini cups which I bought from Daiso. Don't you think they are real cute? Hehe, I bought it not only because they are cute, also that they happen to be the Zodiac animals of me and my Prince Charming. Heee.

My Prince Charming and I attended one of my buddies' Ah mei wedding today at Amara hotel. The poolside ambience was real nice and cozy, though the weather was really hot. The desserts were really oiishi!

Oh! I was given a Peace award by Aimei. Thanks Aimei! It's the first time I've received an award in Blogger. So happy! =)


No comments: