Monday, August 31, 2015

Fluffy soft Banana cake

That bunch of bananas have been lazing on the kitchen top for 2 days. I regretted getting such a big bunch forgetting that bananas ripe way too fast in our tropical weather. Banana is one of Baby Kwok #1 favourite fruit. He can eat them EVERYDAY for breakfast - No, he does not find them boring. He even told me he would not mind having them again the next day (on repeat mode).

As a mum, I would not want my children to overly indulge in one particular food. I hope they can widen their food choices and learn not to be as fussy as the mum (oppss) during her younger days. Vegetables still a tough one to conquer for Baby Kwok#1 but well, at least he eats the really soft broccoli without any complaint (well, maybe one or two). Baby Kwok #2 is more adventurous with food but she seems to be really fussy lately! Used to love eating meat and now spitting them out! Grrrr..... I hope it is just the teething phase.

Anyway, back to banana - So not to waste those bananas, I baked a banana cake! I was not expecting much praise from Prince Charming because 1. He does not really like eating banana as much as his son do. 2. He has been complaining to me about his weight. He was with all praise for this banana cake!!!! I should have asked him to draw 4 numbers for me :X

Been into Instagram lately. If you are keen to follow me, add me!
You can search under @Orangejimbo




To make this, you will need:

  • 2 ripe Bananas, Approx 220g
  • 85g Sugar
  • 100ml Oil (I used canola oil)
  • 3 egg Yolks
  • 1 tsp Vanilla powder
  • 1 tsp Baking powder
  • 150g Cake flour

  • 3 egg Whites
  • 25g Sugar

  1. Mashed the bananas finely and set aside. Preheat your oven to 180°C
  2. Sift the dry ingredients (Flour, Baking powder & Vanilla powder)
  3. In a bowl, beat the yolks and sugar till it turns pale yellowish. Slowly add in the oil and mashed bananas. Continue to beat till well combined.
  4. Add in your sifted dry ingredients and mix well. Ensure there are no lumps.
  5. In a clean dry bowl, beat your egg whites till frothy. Gradually add in the sugar and continue beating it till it reaches Soft peak stage.
  6. Take 1/3 of the egg white mixture and incorporate into the banana mixture. Pour the mixture back to the remaining egg white and fold well.
  7. Pour into a cake tin and tap against the table top to release bubbles.
  8. Bake for approx 35-40 mins or when skewer comes out clean.