My parents went on a short holiday to Bangkok and thus here I am whipping dinner for the entire family! Decided to attempt on doing the famous Bonchon Chicken since it is so crazy expensive in Singapore and only a few Korean restuarants does them.
It was not as hard as I thought it would be but.. it sure takes up a portion of time.
I referenced Maangchi recipe but did some changes here and there. It was so hit with my family! My sister who is not so into cooking even asked me for the recipe to try out! :)
Here's my version:
- 1 Packet of Drumlets (I bought the regular size and not the mini ones)
- 1 Egg
- A splash of Garlic & Onion seasoning
- 500ml of milk (Or sufficient enough to cover all the drumlets)
- Half packet of Korean frying mix
- Oil for deep frying
For the Hot sauce
- 4 tbsp of Gochujang (Red Pepper paste)
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Blueberry vinegar
- Washed the drumlets and soaked them in milk (adding the garlic and onion seasoning to the mixture). Fridge them for at least 2hrs
- Drain off the milk and marinate the drumlets with salt and pepper. Crack an egg and mix throughougly. Set aside for about 15 mins so that the drumlets can "eat in" the marinate
- Transfer the drumlets over to a big mixing bowl and mixed in the Korean frying mix.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a deep wok, bring the oil to heat till bubbles appears. Dip the drumlets into the hot oil and fry till slight golden brown.
- Re-fry the drumlets again till it turns golden and crispy. Drain the drumlets well to avoid greasiness.
- In a saucepan, add in all the hot sauce ingredients and bring to boil. Mix in the deep-fried drumlets and you are ready to serve.
Hope you like it! :)