Guess what, in another 2-3 weeks time I'll be starting Baby Kwok on solids! Always thought it'll be simple but never to expect there's so much to learn about making baby food. To prepare myself, I got myself AK's Top 100 Baby Purees and was amazed at the varieties of food that we can/can't offer to our babies.
Anyway, here 2 recipes that I found on Wholesome Baby Food
I did the Carrot Purees and offered a few mouthful to Baby Kwok and he seems to like it!
Carrots - Basic Purée
1. Peel carrots and cut into small chunks
2. Place chunks into a steamer pan with just enough water visible through the steamer basket
3. Steam until tender
4. Do not reserve any left over water to use for thinning out the carrots if baby is under 8 months old as Nitrates may seep into the cooking water
5. Place into your choice of appliance for pureeing and begin pureeing.
6. Add water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin consistency.
Apple Baby Food Recipes - Puréed Apples/Applesauce
1. Peel, core and cut apple into slices/chunks
2. Place slices or chunks into a pan with just enough water to slightly cover apples
3. Boil/steam until tender; be sure to check on the water level and stir, That's It. Easy Peasy.
4. Apples may be mashed with a potato masher to achieve a smooth applesauce consistency. If your masher will not achieve a puree type of consistency, then follow steps 5 - 7
5. Reserve any left over water to use for thinning out the apples
6. Place into your choice of appliance for pureeing and begin pureeing.
7. Add the reserved water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin puree
8. Add cereal (if desired) to thicken up the
9. Ask your pediatrician about adding some cinnamon for new tastes.