|Cooked calrose rice||1 1/2cup|
|Sushi vinegar||3 tbsps|
|Sakura denbu||1/2 packet|
|Pork floss||3 tbsps|
|Seaweed wraps||3 sheets|
- Add sushi vinegar to the cooked rice and mixed well.
- Blend in the Sakura denbu and Furikake.
- Place a sheet of seaweed on to a clean tabletop, fetch some rice and spread across the seaweed. Roll up carefully. Cut into small pieces
- For pork floss maki roll, spread the pork floss on top of the rice and wrap carefully as the floss might drops out. Cut into small pieces.
- Using the remainder rice, with the help of a plastic cling, put the rice in the center of a piece of cling and wrap it up. Shape into triangular shape.
I made these for my lunch tomorrow. The sakura denbu was an impulse buy from Isetan while doing my grocery shopping 2 weeks ago. It was left sitting in my kitchen and I finally used it today. My intention was to make some sushi rolls but looking into my fridge, I guess it's time to replenish some food. There ain't much ingredients I could used for my sushi rolls and because I'm also plain lazy to cook, so I make Maki rolls!
The onigiris were the left over rice afte my maki rolls. I don't want to waste the rice and so I made them into my favourite "triangular rice balls". Looking at my bento, I know it's kind of too much for one's serving. I guessed I have to divide them into lunch and snack! Argh... am I going to lose weight or pile on more? Let it be - lose more pounds and inches off me, PLEASE!