中種面團 Starter Dough
|Instant yeast||1 1/2 tsp|
主面團 Basic Dough
|Skimmed milk powder||15g|
Fillings: Pork Floss
- With the help of a Breadmachine/Mixer, mixed the ingredients for Starter into a dough.
The dough may be slightly dry and sticky but that is okay. Allow the dough to proof for 90 mins.
- Combine ingredients for Basic dough (except butter) and knead into a dough. Tear the proofed Starter dough into small pieces and add into the above. When the doughs gets mixed thoroughly together, mix in the butter. Allow kneading till dough is smooth and elastic (Try stretching the dough to determine)
- Cut the ready dough into 60g each and roll them into a ball-liked shape. Allow the dough to relax for 10 mins. When done, roll each individual dough into an oval shape and allow another proofing of 45 mins. (You may proof the doughs in the oven with 38 degree celsius set plus a bowl of warm water)
- Bake the dough at 190 degree Celsius for 12~15 mins. Allow the buns to cool.
- Spread Transparent mayonnaise onto the bun and topped it over with Pork Floss.
I finally took out some time for baking! I cannot imagine that I have not been baking for, I supposed at least 2 weeks :( I just hate it when work's piling so much that I do not have my own time to do things that I really like.
Though I was home rather late (OT-ing as usual), I decided to bake some bread for breakfast! I felt kind of guilty since I haven't been baking any snacks/breakfasts for my Prince Charming lately. I still have 1 and 3/4 packets of Pork floss to go, complimentary from my Mil cause she knows I love pork floss. I decided to make my own Pork Floss buns!
The Transparent Mayonnaise that I made the very last time were chilled in the fridge, so I heated a portion of them up and they were back to the sticky texture again. Prince Charming just love these mayonnaise so much that I applied a super thick layer for his buns. LOL.
I love how soft the buns were, even though left overnight, very fluffy too. I baked a total of 9 buns and only used 3 for Pork floss. Guess I'll be using the rest for other flavours, perhaps Tuna?